Seeking B-17G radios and stuff

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
k5dh

Seeking B-17G radios and stuff

Post by k5dh »

Hi all,

I'm new to the board. I am Dean Hemphill, K5DH, of Lake Dallas, TX. Been a warbird fan all my life, but just recently got "involved" in the hobby/obsession (other than attending countless air shows!).

All of you B-17 fans know about B-17G 44-8543A, "Chuckie", operated by the Vintage Flying Museum of Fort Worth, TX. I am a VFM member and volunteer. My current ongoing task is to acquire whatever bits and pieces we need to restore the radio operator's compartment to original condition, or as close as we can reasonably get it within our very tight budget (which means donations!).

My current target is the liaison radio station. We have a nice, unmodified BC-348-R receiver and mounting frame, but I need a dynamotor for it, model DM-28-R (I can probably use other suffix models, since I think they're all the same units inside). We have a donation in the works for a BC-375-E transmitter with shockmount, all seven tuning units, PE-73C dynamotor, and BC-1306A antenna coupler unit. To go with the transmitter, I need a set of mounting rails to mount the five CS-48 tuning unit cases on (they install on the starboard rear bulkhead, next to the door frame); FT-107 mount for the PE-73-C dynamotor; two each PL-59 and PL-61 connectors; one PL-64 connector; SA-13 knife switch (the big antenna selector switch); BC-461 trailing antenna control box; RL-30-B trailing antenna motor/spool ass'y; F-10 antenna lead; MC-163 trailing antenna; FT-142-A mounting frame for BC-1306-A; and four VT-4-C vacuum tubes (aka 211A's).

I'm not really ready to get into the command radio system, but I'll certainly accept anything you might have laying around! We have some command radio stuff in storage, but I haven't inventoried it yet, so I don't know what we have.

In addition, since '8543A was a Pathfinder aircraft, we're looking for any equipment, parts, manuals, and related items for the H2X "Mickey" radar system.

Anything we don't need for installation aboard the Fort will go on display in the exhibit hall of the Museum hangar.

Anyone have somethin' we can use? Are you willing to donate it? We're a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization!

Thanks for your time! :D
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Dean Hemphill, K5DH
Volunteer B-17G "Chuckie" Crew Member
Vintage Flying Museum
Fort Worth, Texas
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-