Air Force

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
casandara

Air Force

Post by casandara »

Are there different requirements for the Air Force and the Army? An Air Force recruiter at career day said that the Air Force has higher standards than the Army. He said that the Air Force seeks the finest students while the Army will take whatever it can get. Is this true? He told me that my gpa would need to be at least a 3.6 to get considered for the AF.
Last edited by casandara on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
partschaser

Post by partschaser »

Yes, there are different standards, depending on the current needs for new cannon fodder. At one point not too long ago it was either the Army or Marines who were taking ex-cons just to fill slots. Be careful, military recruiters will tell you what ever you want to hear to get you to sign up. If they tell you they can put you in a particular job slot, get it in writing (they won't do that!). How do I know this, I work with two ex-Navy recruiters. It's amazing what they did to get kids into the Navy.
hang the expense

slagg off

Post by hang the expense »

Hey parts chaser,I take issue with your term cannon fodder.If more people had your view of the military and service in it then we might be speaking a different language today.So try to keep you liberal bent to yourself and answer the persons question fairly and without your anti military veiwpoint.So by the way,Hows that hope and change working for ya? 8)
HANG THE EXPENSE
hang the expense

Re: Air Force

Post by hang the expense »

casandara wrote:Are there different requirements for the Air Force and the Army? An Air Force recruiter at career day said that the Air Force has higher standards than the Army. He said that the Air Force seeks the finest students while the Army will take whatever it can get. Is this true? He told me that my gpa would need to be at least a 3.6 to get considered for the AF.
Casandra if your GPA is that good you can find a college that has ROTC and they will be glad to have you in the program.It will help with books and tuition and training.First,go and talk to someone in the ROTC department at a college near you and see what they have to say.Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
HANG THE EXPENSE