another trainer (Gulfport vs Drew)

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
terveurn

another trainer (Gulfport vs Drew)

Post by terveurn »

OK this one is confusing

Cover sheet for accident as well as Osborn have this aircraft always assigned to Gulfport AAF (side code P)

Photos from accident show what looks like D (Drew) - B3

Drew AAF did have the habit of placing the side code (D) 2 feet lower then the line codes (offset) so this would be correct

Not the first time I have found mismarked training B-17 (or marked one group (which it was never assigned) and assigned to another)

What does the rest of the group think ??
42-30247 D-B3.JPG
42-30247 D-B3 CC.JPG
42-30247 D-B3 CC1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Brame

Re: another trainer (Gulfport vs Drew)

Post by Chris Brame »

I think Private Stolberg would have been looking forward to a lot of K.P. :roll:
What happened there? Looks like #4 was feathered.
terveurn

Re: another trainer (Gulfport vs Drew)

Post by terveurn »

Chris Brame wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:12 pm nk Private Stolberg would have been looking forward to a lot of K.P.
What happened there? Looks like #4 was feathered
What happened is Private Stolberg got screwed.

B-17 landing with a stuck landing gear retraction solenoid - hanger MX put a lock-out tag on the upper panel not to turn on the main bus (but not on the main bus switch / panel)

Private Stolberg came in to adjust the upper turret and turned on the main bus (which was not tagged-out) and the right main L/G retracted.

the board found him guilty; as far as I am concerned, while he is partially guilty, the MX party that failed to properly tag the main bus (as well as not pinning the main gear) should have been reamed.
stolberg.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.