Hobbs identified

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
terveurn

Hobbs identified

Post by terveurn »

Possible identification

The 49 on the accident report looks identical to the 49 on Donna Jean.

If so, that means H-49 was 42-29759 (ex-91st BG GAY CABALLEROS)

Calling this one identified...............................
42-29759 Hobbs.JPG
Hobbs 49 b.JPG
42-29759 BB.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Brame

Re: Hobbs identified

Post by Chris Brame »

Great find and another piece fits into the Hobbs puzzle! AAIR says "takeoff accident - mechanical failure", pilot Cleatus G. Lemmons. I've added it to my copy of the Osborne doc.

Do you update the AAM in Britain pages?
terveurn

Re: Hobbs identified

Post by terveurn »

Chris

Pretty much given-up on the AAM page; It's just a mess with wrong osborn information, wrong photo identification, etc....

Maybe if I had ambition, I would do a lot of correction (s), but with doing my own books (which does have much of the correct information), I really do not have the time or effort to fix other mistakes, plus the AAM pages have you jump through a lot of hoops to get this information out there.

I also look at AAM as a glorified wikipedia where anybody can change the data (either correct or incorrect for whatever motives); you can spend hours making corrections only to find somebody reversing these changes because they think their ideas are better (for example the AFM Sho Sho Sho baby should be olive drab instead of her correct bare metal, for example the Swoose's correct name while in combat was Ole' Betsy, for example the PNG B-17E was never called "swamp ghost" while in USAAC service)

Been keeping the Training codes to myself, as well as the forum. I spend a lot of time finding these side code(s) that I try and keep them close to the vest.