RV-8 Website

The trials and tribulations of building a P-51 wannabe.
aerovin2
Site Admin

RV-8 Website

Post by aerovin2 »

I decided to add this little sub-forum to my site as comment area to the little sub-site I have on my "little" RV-8 project. Don't expect much here as the site is not well traveled, but it will document my progress through the years. I update my progress every week or so.

Here is the site:

http://www.aerovintage.com/rv8/rv8-index.htm

And this is an RV-8 (not mine, but Mike Terpstra's out of Modesto Airport).

Scott Thompson
Aero Vintage Books
http://www.aerovintage.com

"The Webmaster, More or Less"

Re: RV-8 Website

Post by 05564 »

Scott , glad to see progress on your dream machine . I hope you and your family are enjoying this adventure. Yes someone does read your stuff . ( I squinted hard enough to see the P-40)
aerovin2
Site Admin

Post by aerovin2 »

Thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it. I will put another update up on the Rv-8 site soon. I'm just finishing up Sun 'N Fun with the FAA DC-3 right now... I've been busy with other stuff the past two months so the Aero Vintage website and the RV-8 construction have suffered a bit.
Scott Thompson
Aero Vintage Books

bluemixture

Post by bluemixture »

wow, really amazing, your aircraft is very impressive to me, I hope you are happy with the results of your work :)

Post by 05564 »

Fantastic update! It just keeps getting better , and better. I can't imagine trying to tackle a project like this. I have really learned alot by reading your exploits of your RV-8 . I can't say I understand it all , but I'm starting to comprehend more and more. Glad to see you found some time to travel to all the air shows , and yet still work on the RV-8.
aerovin2
Site Admin

Post by aerovin2 »

05564 wrote:Fantastic update! It just keeps getting better , and better. I can't imagine trying to tackle a project like this. I have really learned alot by reading your exploits of your RV-8 . I can't say I understand it all , but I'm starting to comprehend more and more. Glad to see you found some time to travel to all the air shows , and yet still work on the RV-8.
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't checked but suspect I don't have very many visiting the pages, which is okay. The record of the build helps me keep the big picture and documents the process. So it's even better when guys like you are actually reading it.
Scott Thompson
Aero Vintage Books

TAdan

Post by TAdan »

Scott, I check your RV-8 updates too. It is fun to follow along step by step with a home built. I think it would be fun to do my own home built some day so it is nice to see how it is done. Keep up the good work.
So many warbirds so little time.

Post by 05564 »

Scott, another fine update. Looks like things are finally taking shape, and yes "It is starting to look like an airplane". :lol:

Post by 05564 »

Scott, another fine update! She sure is beginning to take shape. I'm betting that's not the first (or last) piece that gets put in backwards. But don't feel bad, I'd probably have half the plane backwards. :lol: Here's hoping you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year. Keep up the fine work . :D
aerovin2
Site Admin

Post by aerovin2 »

Thanks to all for checking back and a Merry Christmas to all of you and yours also.
Scott Thompson
Aero Vintage Books

TAdan

Post by TAdan »

It's been quite a while since I checked on your RV-8 project you made some very impressive progress this year Scott! Nice job.
So many warbirds so little time.

Post by 05564 »

WOW!! Things are really taking shape Scott. I've been following your exploits for over three years now on this project, and it looks like it might not be much longer. Any estimates ? Keep up the good work. :D

Post by 05564 »

WOW!! Scott she is really taking shape. It is really starting to look like an airplane. Keep us posted and keep up the good work. (Fire - Wall, I get it.)

Post by 05564 »

See Scott, your wrong. Someone "IS" reading your updates. You can come clean now, when you were sitting in the cockpit making those noises, how many take-offs and landings did you make? :lol: Keep up the good work, and keep us posted.

Post by 05564 »

No doubt about it Scott, a cutie pie for sure. The other two are "Ready for Take-off". Keep up the good work, and the updates coming.