1/32nd B-17 kit coming

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
Chris Brame

1/32nd B-17 kit coming

Post by Chris Brame »

Check out this monster; looks like it will be a late G with the Cheyenne tail turret:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/articles ... leB-17.htm

Detail is amazing, although the props are going the wrong way 'round... :?
hang the expense

Re: 1/32nd B-17 kit coming

Post by hang the expense »

They should have done alot better on this model.How the hell do you get props backwards?There are also some civilian mods on the model and looks to be an extra skin line above the port waist window which I think was left over from a frieght door mod.I would bet they never once ran this by anybody who knows his stuff regarding B-17s. :evil:
HANG THE EXPENSE
TAdan

Post by TAdan »

Hang the Expense. I would not worry to much. According to posts on other forums the model shown is just the prototype/ mockup. The company is seeking input and critiques from the modeling community. I'd expect the most glaring issues to be worked out.

I am looking forward to ordering one. 8)
So many warbirds so little time.
hang the expense

Post by hang the expense »

Well thats some good news.At least they are open to a fair critique of their product.I wish they would have done an F model and offered the G options.They are limiting their market is all.I'm a picky sumbitch or sumbitch.I did the plugs for a 32nd scale F model years ago but it is vac form which still has lots of detail parts needed.I just need a place to do the vac forming and the time to finish work on the wings.There was a place that made 32nd scale 1820s but no longer.Props might be a pain.
HANG THE EXPENSE